Eligible employees who are actively employed by the Company may apply for internal job transfers. Eligibility for internal job transfer between retail or corporate work locations or departments is dependent on all of the following criteria:
- Have been in his/her position for a minimum of 12 months.
- Meet the minimum requirements of the position as indicated on the job description.
- Have no Corrective Action on file for the preceding 12 months of employment.
- In positions where applicable, received a “Meets Expectations” or higher rating on the most recent performance review.
- Business needs allow for transfer.*
Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis based on operational needs. The Company reserves the right to involuntarily transfer employees based on operational needs.
*Certain internal job transfers and promotions may be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (and drug test for SGH positions within airports, SGH Bass Pro Shops/Cabela’s, RxO/DC and EyeMed positions). If a background check (and drug test, if applicable) is required, DO NOT proceed with the transfer steps outlined below until the candidate successfully completes the background check (and drug test, if applicable).
Be prepared to provide the following information related to the employee who is the subject of the transfer:
- Reason for Change (New Reason)
- Name of employee’s new manager
- New store # (Department)
- New title (Job Code), if applicable
- Effective date of transfer
- Employee’s new pay rate (if known)
For POS related transfer questions, call the HR Service Center at 1-866-431-8484.
Upon transfer, employee documents should be sent to GBS Document Imaging, 1035 N. Meridian Rd., Youngstown, Ohio 44509-9905. Continental US-based locations may use the postage paid and addressed GBS return envelope available via Central Purchasing (CP #3031679 HR-1221). Island locations may send to GBS via Campus Ship. Ensure that the store number, brand, and employee Luxottica ID are noted on the back of the envelope in the spaces provided and on the personnel file/document(s).