All full-time and part-time employees (excluding seasonal and casual part-time) are entitled to time off with pay for applicable holidays each calendar year. Please refer to your brand holiday memo for the current number of holidays and schedule.
- Diversity days must be taken within the calendar year. Diversity Day entitlements vary based on an employee’s brand/location and years of service. Please refer to your brand/location’s Annual Holiday Schedule for details.
- Employees are not eligible to receive holiday pay while on a leave of absence.
- Employees must work their scheduled days before and after the scheduled holiday time in order to receive holiday pay.
- US Employees who work on a holiday can take their paid holiday anytime from 60 days after the date of the Holiday.
- Canadian Employees may take their paid holiday 2 weeks prior or after the holiday.
- In stores that are closed on a holiday, employees will be given the day off with full pay.
- Employees who enter more holiday hours than they are eligible to utilize, based on their employment status and their brands annual holiday schedule, may be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
Holiday hours cannot be broken down into smaller intervals (i.e. employees must enter all holiday hours for one holiday on one day).
Entering and Tracking Holiday Pay
Managers must enter holiday pay hours into timekeeping system for their employees. Holiday hours are paid at straight time unless otherwise prescribed by state and local laws.
*For more information, please refer to the Luxottica Employee Guide.